Nylon T-Glase Bleu
Rouleau de 1lb
First, t-glase is made from the highest optical quality PETT material and is currently only available from two chemical plants. Unlike other polymers, some PETT, including t-glase are not considered “transparent”. Instead, it belongs to a group of polymers that are considered “colorless” and or “colorless with a percentage of reflectivity”. t-glase is also considered “water-clear” and “optically correct”. The term “optically correct” simply means that if you have a lens based die and injection mold precision reflective PETT into the die, the resulting lens will be relatively close to the same lens made from glass. While there is no formal definition of “water-clear”, in optical engineering, it’s a reference to how high quality plate glass seems to disappear when placed in water. When a clean piece of high quality glass is placed in water, the water negates the flat surfaces as a reflective surface, thus making the major surface invisible. However, the edges of the plate glass will still redirect or reflect light in a different direction, thus making them viewable even in water. This water-clear property is why some of products we buy are displayed in “Blister-Pack” packaging. The material is based on PETT with processing that bring out it’s reflective properties and enhances the visual presentation of the product. Over and above the problems associated with removing said product from the packaging!
DetailsMedical Applications and usage/settings:
1. Bone repair and replacements - US Clinic Evaluations
2. Real-time build of custom prosthetic - Hague University of applied sciences Department: Technology, Innovation & Society
3. Real-time build of custom orthopedic items. - Hague University of applied sciences Department: Technology, Innovation & Society
4. Real-time build of custom prosthetic with internal sensors - Sensors installed during the active printing process. - Hague University of applied sciences Department: Technology, Innovation & Society
5. Real-time build of custom pressure sensing braces and prosthetic. - US Clinic Evaluations
6. Build of custom bone replacement with targeted support prosthetic. - Hague University of applied sciences Department: Technology, Innovation & Society
7. Custom heavy support fabric/film for less restrictive outpatient activity. - Hague University of applied sciences Department: Technology, Innovation & Society
1. Refer to the "Maximum layer bonding Page" to set your printer for best layer bonding.
2. As 645 is an extremely strong material, it is still important to build the replacement in such a fashion to maximize resistance to stress.
The greatest strength is always along the nozzle flow axis. As newer printers and older printers with updated SW can provide a form of rafting or
support for high print angles, it is better to plan a print with support to obtain the best structural and slippery features.
Current feedback from actual usage shows a better end replacement when printed with the following settings:
1. Perimeters = Minimum of 4 - Maximum depends on the number of screws used to attach to existing structure.
2. Layer thickness/height = .1mm maximum for small joints and .04mm for larger joints.
3. Temperature = From "Maximum layer bonding Page" determination.
4. Speed = Printer dependent, ho